Thursday, May 24, 2012

Las Vegas: Part 1

Alright, so starting the day we took off! Here are some instagrams.

f8613850a07111e1b10e123138105d6b_6a95942c0a07111e1989612313815112c_6b5961d10a07611e18bb812313804a181_65bab3940a0a611e1abb01231382049c1_6 
1. waiting for the plane 2. plane arriving! 3. on the plane 4. Eliza riding on a suitcase
IMG_3669 IMG_3667 IMG_3666 IMG_3678 IMG_3679 
One of the best parts about flying was being able to see the GORGEOUS landscape from above. I have absolutely no desire to live in a desert (I like my water!) but it was so pretty. With the mountains all different colors and the body of water we ran into, it was just awesome. It made me miss traveling. A lot. And want to move out of where we are.... but that's not something new. 
IMG_3712 IMG_3683 
We had a really pretty hotel. And this little lady is Eliza's cousin, Payton! Can you see the resemblance? The two of them look so much a like, it's crazy. Forget that Eliza ever came out of me! (: Payton used to live super close to us but then they moved halfway across the country. They still get a long and play like sisters. Except now that Eliza is old enough, they're like partners in crime, running around and getting in trouble! I can't even imagine what's going to happen when they get older!! But it was so fun to see them getting a long. Like the sisters they never had. 
IMG_3704 copy IMG_3705 IMG_3707 
And this was the view from our hotel room. We got a front row view of the roller coaster! We stayed at the New York New York which has a roller coaster running around it. Which by the way kind of sucked. I wouldn't recommend spending $14 to ride the dang thing, just btw. 
IMG_3718 IMG_3723 
And then we walked around the hotel a bit before the kids had to hit the hay. That's Eliza's other cousin. 
IMG_3731

I did enjoy site seeing and what not but the best part was seeing our family. Brandon's family is spread out all over the U.S. so seeing them is kind of difficult. It was especially special because we got to spend some time with a new baby niece we've never even met before! And, helllooooo baby fever! I love babies. Hmph.  

Seeing all the pretty landscape made me really want a change of scenery. Don't get me wrong, I love our tiny, one bedroom apartment and that we live close to our family but I really don't like our location. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but it's something I think about a lot. Since Brandon got promoted a little while ago, we had to agree to stay for another 2 years. We needed the money and we also need to finish school before we decide to move so we had to take it. I just have to be patient I suppose. It's just so hard. Being patient. When all I want to do is get ouutttta herrrrre. Oh well. This gives us time to save up some money, finish school, and decide where we wanna go from here.... Right?! So dreaming is all I can do for now. And boy, am I getting some crazy ideas! ;) 

Anyways, stay tuned for part 2! 

IMG_5162 copy