Monday, May 28, 2012

FOOD: Vegetarian Tacos

IMG_3627 
So, lately we've been trying to reduce our meat consumption. Not only for our health, but for our environment! And the animals, of course. Now, I'm not sure I could ever be a vegetarian (I sure do love me some bacon and steak!) but I am totally down with eating more veggies. About a week ago, I was looking for some tofu and couldn't find ANY! But I went to the frozen food section and found this chicken substitute stuff. I'm not really sure what it is but I decided to try it out! I whipped up these tacos and they tasted awesome. And were probably the easiest/healthiest meal I've ever cooked. 

This is the "chicken" stuff I used. Found in the frozen food section. 
IMG_3624 
I heated them up in a pan with a little vegetable oil and threw on some taco seasoning.... because I was making tacos! 
IMG_3626 
And then I plopped a tortilla in the over to get warmed up with a little monterey jack on top. Topped that with some spinach, my "chicken", salsa, sour cream, and avocado! Mouthwatering. Seriously, you would never tell that this stuff wasn't chicken. I mean... maybe. It might even taste a little better than chicken! Because sometimes chicken can be bland. And this just tasted healthy. But doesn't it even look like chicken?!
IMG_3632

This is a perfect, quick meal for when you want to eat healthy but don't really feel like cooking. It only took about 7 or so minutes to cook the "chicken" stuff.  Definitely one for the recipe book! 

IMG_5162 copy