Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY T-shirt Fringe Vest

Who knew that making a fringe vest would be so easy?! I sure didn't. I tried looking up ideas online but after finding NOTHING I tried it on my own and came up with this. This was kind of a tester, I would suggest using a shirt without graphics but it still worked out. I've actually made like 3 more since this and can't wait to wear them! 

First, grab an old t-shirt. My mom get this for me AGES ago as a joke. Needless to say, I don't wear it anymore. 

blogged 
Now, you're going to cut out the collar. I chose to give it a bit of a vneck but you can do whatever. 
blogged 
Next, cut off the sleeves. 
blogged 
And then to give it a more vest-y feel, flip it over and cut only the back side a little bit inwards. Where the line is, make sure to cut ONLY the back side, not the front. 
blogged 
Then, flip it back over, cut some fringe and then cut the front part in half! 
blogged 
Since mine had a graphic part on the front, I cut out a little more of the front. This is really optional. 
blogged 
Bam! Fringe vest!
IMG_3375 
These pictures are actually a little tester for a big photoshoot I've got coming up. It's going to be a good one, I can't wait to share!!
IMG_3380 

And how awesome is this skirt?! Too bad it hurt to wear it (wayyy to small) otherwise I might have to keep it! 

IMG_5162 copy