Wednesday, May 16, 2012

DIY: Studded Headband

I got this idea from a gal on Lookbook but can not for the life of me find her! I don't know if she had a DIY headband or just bought it but as soon as I saw it, I thought "I can make that!" And that's what I did.



IMG_3442 
All you need is some fabric (I used suede from thrifted pants), some studs, and then something to bend the prongs with. I usually use a butter knife but this thing worked. 
IMG_3418 copy 
Cut your fabric long enough so that it wraps around your head and has room to tie. 
IMG_3419 
Then you stick your stud in.... IMG_3422   
These two little prongs will be sticking out in the back. Just bend them towards each other with your DULL butter knife or whatever else you can use. 
IMG_3423 
Just keep going until you're satisfied! 
IMG_3446 copy

I don't know if I told you guys but tomorrow we are going to..... VEGAS!!! It's actually kind of a family event/get-together but hellloooo, we are going to Vegas! Eliza is coming and it will be her first time on a plane! We are beyond excited and can't wait to see some family members that have been gone for a while. I'm hoping to squeeze in some cool desert shoots while I'm there too, if Brandon's cooperative ;)

By the way, thanks for all your sweet responses to the post yesterday. After a couple of hours after posting, no one had commented and it started to make me a little nervous! But you guys are so awesome and I wanted to thank you for the kind words. I will be responding to them individually but that might have to wait until I get back. 

IMG_5162 copy