Monday, April 16, 2012

Mingle Monday: Threadesque


Hi lovelies! My name is Sam, you may know me from RoseVintage and/or ThreadesqueI'm originally from a state shaped like a mitten but have been living in the lovely city of Missoula, MT! I love traveling around the world finding vintage treasures for my etsy & mobile shop! On the weekends you can find me playing in the mountains with my fiance, Donovan! :)


1.       What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it? 
I started blogging last year so I could share my inspiration with the world! I also wanted to keep my family in the loop after our big move to Missoula, MT. 

2.       What does blogging mean to you? Business of pleasure?
I would say it's a little bit of both. I love blogging, it's a great way for me to organize all of my thoughts/ideas! It's also a great way for me to attract people to RoseVintage! 

3.       What do you mostly blog about?
A little bit of everything! Threadesque means "A lifestyle inspired by fashion". My life revolves around my love for fashion & design. I love sharing my daily outfits (they're not always spectacular but I love the idea of approachable/wearable clothing). 

4.       What do you besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of _____?
I usually start my day out with a cup of coffee (strong dark coffee to be exact), throw on a vintage frock, load Otis (my old english sheepdog) into my car, ship packages, head to all of the local thrift shops, come home & process all my purchases, go out or make dinner with Donovan, then we usually watch a movie.. mostly comedies that Dono picks out! :) 

5.       Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
Great question! I've been working on becoming a strict schedule blogger. For the last year I've just been winging it & I find it challenging to post on a daily basis with that method. I think if you have a set schedule, it makes you more consistent. I've started a few scheduled posts; Wedding Wednesdays, Treasury Thursdays, Fashion Friday, Guest Post Sundays. 

6.       Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
Night owl, for sure! 

7.       Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman is a genuis & I'm incredibly inspired by street style!

A Beautiful Mess, I love all of the DIY posts!

Oh So Lovely Vintage, I absolutely adore Erin & Stephanie! Not only because they own the cutest mobile shop around but for their amazing vintage style! 



***************************************************************************

From one Sam to another, thanks for coming over and being my guest blogger! You guys should go check out her blog now (: 


Well the weekend is over and I feel really refreshed. I've still got some sickness lingering (stuffy nose, sore throat, etc.) but it's manageable. I've been feeling really creative lately and more in a fashion-y kind of way. The past like 6 months I've been  really focused on our home but I'm trying to stray away from making things because of all the de-cluttering/simplifying! Plus I've just started a new project so I've been doing lots of research and have some fun clothes diy's swirlin' around my head. So beware! 

Happy happy monday!!! 

IMG_5162 copy