Monday, April 30, 2012

Mingle Monday: Me!!



In honor of my birthday, I decided for Mingle Monday that I'd answer the guest post questions myself! 

1.       What got you into blogging and how long have you been at it?
I started blogging in February 2010. Then, it was more of an extension of my business than a personal blog but now it's my hobby/love/inspiration 

2.       What does blogging mean to you? Business or pleasure?
Mostly pleasure. I LOVE blogging. It's definitely a creative outlet for me as well as a chance to connect with people I have something in common with. I get most of my inspiration from reading other blogs and learn new things everyday. It's also a way for my friends and family to see what I've been doing because I live hella far away from everyone I know. It would be great to earn a second income from this blog someday but for now, I'm just doing what I love!

3.       What do you mostly blog about?
Mostly DIY's, my personal style, tid bits about my life and food!

4.       What do you do besides blogging? What’s a normal day like in the life of Sam?

I work, go to school, and take care of my family... and blog. Here's what my normal days are like: 

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Wake up, hang out with Eliza for for approximately 4 hours while Brandon sleeps (he works early in the morning), Brandon wakes up, I go to work, come home, eat, go to sleep.  

Tuesdays and Thursdays: Take Eliza to Mother's Day Out, work, pick her up, hang out with Eliza (Brandon goes to school until 9 at night), cook dinner, eat, sleep.

Weekends vary but that's when we have all our family time so we try to make it fun!

5.       Do you plan out your posts or just kind of wing it? Strict schedule blogger or go with the flow blogger?
Mostly go with the flow. I usually have about 5-6 posts worth of pictures ready at any time. I kind of just post what I feel like that day as long as I am keeping up with everything. 

6.       Are you a daytime blogger or night owl blogger?
I mostly blog at night simply because that's when I have the most time (after Eliza goes to sleep of course). Occasionally I will blog during the day but that doesn't happen very often. 

7.       Name a few of your favorite blogs and why?
A Beautiful Mess- No brainer, my biggest inspiration
My Little Loves- For the hippy in me
Smile & Wave- She's got such great style
Snakes Nest- My newest favorite fashion blogger plus a mamma like me!
Bleubird- She lives in Houston! And is gorgeously awesome

There are so many more but I'll just put these. Also, I did a guest post over here. Check it out (:

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. I'm sick.... AGAIN. I don't even know. So I will be spending the rest of my day watching movies and drinking soup. I might even blog again because I'm a bit behind..... anyways, Happy Monday. 


IMG_5162 copy