Friday, April 6, 2012

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing

IMG_0787
I have a new found obsession with salad. This is like a breakthrough for me. I've NEVER liked salads until a couple of weeks ago and now I can't get enough!!! I've been trying to eat super healthy, blah blah blah and salad has become a major part of my new eating habits. I love it. I try to keep my pantry stocked with lots of nuts and dried fruits for toppings but this day I was feeling the need for something a little more wholesome. So I cooked up some chicken to put in it! Then I though, hmmmm what salad dressing should I use? I have a favorite but that wouldn't quite go with this. And then I remembered the delicious salads I used to get at Burger King (they really were good... not so much now though....). It had breaded chicken with honey mustard dressing. So I looked up how to make some and turns out it's super easy!! Here's where I got the recipe from. 

Ingredients: 
1/4 cup Mayo 
1 tablespoon Mustard (I used spicy brown mustard)
1 tablespoon honey 
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice 


Just mix it all together and store in the refrigerator. Perfect. 

IMG_0785

I'll definitely be sharing some more of my yummy salad combos. My new thing lately is having smoothies for breakfast (all fruit of course) and then salads for lunch. For dinner, we usually have something with a meat/carbs in it and bam! Most food groups taken care of! I'll have another post about smoothies but that's my other latest obsession. Aaaahhh I could go on and on. Another day. 

My week has been completely dedicated to getting ready for my pop up show Saturday. I've still got a lot to do but am feeling pretty good about it! I'm so excited and a little bit nervous. I've officially put the shop in vacation mode until monday. 

ALSO, I've joined Instagram! I think my username is samwish3 if you'd like to be friends.... or whatever it is on there. 

Hope you guys are having a great week. Not sure when I'll be back, it's about to get a little crazy around here. So, until next time! 

IMG_5162 copy