Thursday, April 12, 2012

Girlish Garb: Remixxxx

Hello all! I came across this Ted Talks today on Little Tree Vintage and was really impressed. It's basically about feminism spoken from a teenager and wowzas! Definitely worth a watch. 




Annnnd now here's an outfit I wore to work last week. I was going for comfy but not frumpy. (The headband I actually added on just for the shoot... because it was just hanging on a rack screaming my name!)
IMG_0811 IMG_0810 
I'm also experimenting with lip stick! I have NEVER been into lipstick and just think it looks weird on me.... but I am determined to find some that I like and feel confident in pulling it off. Ooooh ya! 

Outfit Details: 
Striped Dress- Thrifted & DIY (also seen here
Floral Camisole- Urban Outfitters (here as well) 
Floral headband- DIY
Necklace- DIY 
Belt- Thrifted 
Shoes- Payless (here and here)
IMG_0823 IMG_0819 
(my attempt at a jumping shot.... bahahah!)
IMG_0816 

Thank you for all your kind words! I'm feeling MUCH better today. I made myself a smoothie yesterday with lots of blueberries and acai berries and I think that did the trick. Plus I laid on my couch... pretty much all day. It was nice to relax but I'm glad I'm feeling better. Sick= no fun. 

Also, I know I haven't done many DIY's lately but I've got some good one's coming up! I've just been super busy and since DIY's take the longest to put together, I've been putting them all off. Not to worry though, there are some good one's in the making! 

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Thursday, the weekend is almost here! 

IMG_5162 copy