Thursday, April 19, 2012

Girlish Garb: Boho Chic


All this summery weather has really got me in the boho kind of mood! And I just realized this but the past.... 6 months? I've gone through an extremely girly phase.... I really don't consider myself to be that girly of a gal, I'm pretty low maintenance as far as girls go. That being said, I've definitely been in touch with my feminine side lately! Butttt this summer weather is changing it all! I've gone a little stud crazy the past 48 hours (it's a little scary) which is definitely a new thing for me For example, these shorts! I studded and ripped them up (with a razor blade) a few days ago. Here's a video that inspired me: here

Also, this shirt I made out of a bed sheet! Can you tell? I'm working on some summery clothes designs and thissss tank/crop top is one of them!
IMG_1864 copy 
Outfit Details: 
Headband- DIY 
Tank- Handmade 
Necklace- Handmade 
Shorts- DIY 
Belt- Thrifted
Shoes- Vans
IMG_1881 

IMG_1884 IMG_1883 IMG_1891 
(sorry there are so many pictures, I couldn't choose!)
IMG_1893 copy IMG_1874 

One more note. I've never been one to let my mid-driff hang out, mostly because I'm very self-conscious (probably like every other girl out there) but I've gotten extra brave lately and figure I might as well flaunt it while I still can! So this is me trying to be un-self-conscious. 

I was experimenting with taking pictures in the sun yesterday with my new 50 mm! It was interesting and I definitely learned some things not to do. Next time, I'll bring sunglasses. But I think it was pretty successful and am quite pleased with how these turned out. (: What do you think?

IMG_5162 copy