Friday, March 2, 2012

What's On My Playlist

I was reading the lovely Kitty Snook's Blog, listening to her "Zen Playlist" and it inspired me to post some songs from a playlist of mine! I used to be really into music back in high school, so much that I always had my ipod on me but when I got pregnant I kind of lost that (my ipod and my interest). I really miss it. But it's hard to find the time and the money for new music, you know? However, I've been starting to play music while I work and really enjoy it again. I have 2 playlists that I listen to most of the time, one is more upbeat and the other just kind of chill. Since it's kind of late, I picked a few from the more chill playlist to share. Enjoy! 

10 Mile Stereo by Beach House

I love this song so much, it has like automatic calming powers. 


The High Road by Broken Bells

I don't know all the words to this song, but it's a good song to hum to. 

Doin' the Cockroach by Modest Mouse

I love Modest Mouse, this is definitely one of my favorite songs by them. It's different, it's got some soul, it's a good song to sing (if that's what you can call it). 

Other Towns and Cities by Camera Obscura

This song reminds me of the sea, it's peaceful. 

Rome by Phoenix

I can sew and dance in my chair to this one! (: I like to mix it up a little, you gotta throw in a good pop-y song to dance to! 

The Breeze by Dr. Dog

The lyrics of this are so good. You always need that one song to bring you back down to earth or get you out of a rut. This is a good 'n! 

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir- Sweeney Todd Broadway Show

Alright, this one Brandon made me post. I recently thrifted this record from a flea market and he's been listening to it all the time. When he saw I was posting some songs, he coaxed me into putting this one up.

What kind of music do you listen to? 

IMG_5162 copy