Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our Weekend in Austin: Day 1

A couple of weekends ago we went to Austin! I love that place. Pretty much any time we travel, it's to Austin... mostly because it's only 3 hours away but also because it's one of our favorite cities and most of our friends are there. My sister lives there now too and my dad was planning to go so we decided to tag along! We stayed in a hotel room and brought Eliza along with us which was kind of a big deal. It's definitely a different experience staying in a hotel and having a kid with you. Most of the time we go, it's to get away and have a kid-free weekend! But it was fun and I'm glad Eliza could come enjoy this city that we love so much.

One of the best parts about Austin is the parks and just gorgeous outdoors in general. The first day we were there, Eliza, Brandon, and I went on an adventure to this lot behind our hotel. It was really pretty and Eliza loved tromping around and exploring! (Warning: lots of pictures of Eliza coming up!)
IMG_7717
this picture was blurry but I thought it was so funny.
IMG_7730
IMG_7726
IMG_7743
IMG_7715
IMG_7755
they're so cute :)
IMG_7774
IMG_7778
IMG_7761
IMG_7764
and here's me pretending to be a vampire, haaaaa
IMG_7763
IMG_7770 copy
IMG_7724
IMG_7794
IMG_7780
IMG_7736
IMG_7742
IMG_7740
Those curls!!! That girl melts my heart. 

This was one of my favorite parts of the trip, Eliza was talking all weekend about our "adventure". When I was younger, we used to ride bike trails through the forest all the time to explore and this reminded me a lot of that. I miss that and we will definitely be doing more of it! 



IMG_5162 copy