Thursday, March 1, 2012

Make Your Own Raspberry Jam!

A couple weeks ago I made this fabulous Raspberry Jam! It turned out so good and tasted just like store bought kind but homemade! Seriously, sooo yummy. You must try this. And it's super easy, I used this recipe. 

Ingredients: 
4 cups sugar 
4 cups rinsed raspberries
blogged
First, you put your sugar in a shallow pan and bake at 250 degrees for about 15 minutes.
blogged
blogged
While that's warming up, dump a layer of raspberries in a bowl and squish with a potato masher! Then add another layer, squish, add another layer, squish and so on until all of your berries are thoroughly smashed.
blogged
blogged
blogged
Next, put the berries in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Smash a little more while they come to a boil. Boil for a minute, stirring constantly and add then add sugar.
blogged
Bring to boil and cook until it forms a gel. This is kind of the hard part, the directions on the web page says to do a spoon thing but I didn't really understand how to do that. What I did was freeze a plate and then tested it after about 7 minutes. I scooped up some jam, put it on the plate, waited for it to cool off and then see if it's a jammy consistency. I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and while it was good for about a week, now it's reeeeally thick and hard to spread. So next time I'll only cook them for about 10 minutes.
blogged
Then jar it all up! Funny thing, I used raspberry jelly jars to put it all in (that's just what I had) and it looks just like the real thing! You could never tell! 
blogged
(little hand trying to nab some berries!)

A while back, two friends of mine came to visit and we had a painting party! I really liked these pictures so I thought I'd share, Eliza sure does like to paint (: 
blogged
blogged
blogged
blogged
blogged
blogged
blogged


Today has been pretty productive thus far. I think I will be dying my hair today..... Oh! And I think I perfected my first from-scratch dress pattern! I've never made a real pattern before and since I've had no training, it was kind of difficult. But now I think it's lookin' pretty good and I might just make a Sam Wish handmade dress line! We'll see (: I can't believe tomorrow will be Friday already! And it's March? What?



IMG_5162 copy