Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home Tour: Bedroom


**WARNING: Kind of long**

Hello, hello! How was everyone's weekend? My Monday started out surprisingly well, I think it may be due to a certain, wonderful, cup of joe? Maybe? 

So anyways, last weekend while Eliza was away I had the chance to clean my whole house! And actually kept it clean for more than a couple of hours (truly amazing) so I took the opportunity to take some pictures for a house tour! I've been holding off because it's not "perfect" and I can still "do this here" and "do that there" but have come to realize that it's a work in progress. And will probably always be a work in progress. So instead of waiting until it's "perfect" (which will never happen), I am posting pictures now to remember it as it is and in a year I will look back and say "Oh! So that's what it looked like before I did _______". 

We will start off with the bedroom, simply because it's the first room I cleaned. Brandon, Eliza, and I share one room so it's packed with tons of goodies! (see what I mean by I have too much stuff? haa, maybe that's the way I like it?)
blogged
Here is what you see when you look through the main entrance door. We will start off by looking directly to our right....
blogged
And you see another door! It's our bathroom, woohoo. Lining the door are some polaroids we took from the time I was 4 months pregnant to when Eliza was about 6 months old (I'll share those another day).
blogged
Hilarious picture of Eliza plus a little trinket that I found (with this) in Galveston after Ike.
blogged
blogged
Probably my favorite part of our room, our dresser and collage of... stuff. All of this was either thrifted, made, or given to me. Remember making the plate stand? And the map/heart pictures?  (p.s. ignore the empty frames)
blogged
Next to our dresser, we have our laundry room! I love having our own laundry room, especially one in our bedroom (so convenient)! Then we have Eliza's little corner. Most of her clothes are in the laundry room but for things we can't hang up, go in that little dresser. There you see the heart suitcase and another plate stand to hold all the bows and headbands Eliza never wears (I keep them there for wishful thinking but mostly she just throws them everywhere).
blogged
The picture of Brandon and I are from our senior year in high school (gifted to us by our mother's). The picture on top I took for a photography class (I actually took it with film and developed it in a darkroom!) Then a DIY picture of hearts (ya, ya I like hearts) and a thrifted shelf with thrifted goods. The pair of pink booties I kind of inherited (they're super old), aren't they the cutest things ever?!
blogged
And this dress was given to us when Eliza was born. She never really wore it because it's see-through so I had to find a way to put it to good use! And why not on the wall? Can't waste all that beauty.
blogged
Right next to Eliza's corner is her bed with the quilt I made for her 2nd birthday. I'm pretty proud of it, if you didn't know already ;)
blogged
And these letters I made/gathered before she was born.
blogged
A little more to the left is our little reading nook. This is where we keep all of Eliza's night-time books and a few toys.
blogged
This rack was actually the side from her crib. And the toy bed has a quilt to match Eliza's!
blogged
When Brandon and I first started "dating" I used to make him origami animals during one of my classes. We had these little square lockers in theatre and after a while I had made him a whole little jungle! Through the years they all disappeared except for this one. It's a sweet little memory :) Then we have the crayon art, a bulletin board (recovered), some free art, and one of the very first things I ever made for the blog- owl plaque.
blogged
I love, love, looove this nightstand. The school house has been with me since childhood, the tile came from a relative, the picture above is of my sister and I when we were little, and then some more free art, a poster, and a picture of baby Eliza. Hey! Remember making this lamp?
blogged
Next is our bed! My very first handmade quilt, dreamcatcher, this little basket thing that I keep scarves in and some really awesome, vintage curtains that I inherited (same one's from my living room)! 
blogged
blogged
A giant mirror gifted to me by my mother (what would I do without this thing?!)
blogged
Brandon and I's closet.
blogged
My half, kind of clean. Since I don't have much space, I don't have too many clothes. I'm always purging my closet and stealing things from the store so it's continuously revolving which is great for avoiding wearing the same things over and over.
blogged
This awesome piece of art by Gvstav Klimt. I found this at a Goodwill for like $3 and had to have it! I remember as a kid, my mom had "The Kiss" and I would just staare at it forever. This one kind of seems like an orgy... but I try not to think of it like that!
blogged
And now we're back to the entrance! The picture above the door is another favorite of mine. My brother gave this to me when I was pregnant, it's three pictures of Brandon and I. Purty cute. 

Well that's that! Because of our lack of space, I tend to throw things up on the walls. I like things to be visible otherwise I forget about them so everything gets put out on display. It's more fun that way! Maybe some day when we get a bigger place I can spread some of this out and it'll seem less cluttered. Or I'll just get rid of some of it! But for now, I like it just the way it is. I take great pride in making things for my house, it's like filling my house with art... kind of? I just love looking around and seeing things that are really special/have meaning instead of just some store bought decorations. I try to avoid being a hoarder but that totally doesn't count... right? Well anyways, I love our little home. And I sure am glad Brandon puts up with all my decorating because what would I do without him!? (: 





IMG_5162 copy