Friday, March 16, 2012

Girlish Garb: Mint Julep



Girlish Garb
I just realized that this is the first girlish garb with my red hair back! Whatcha think? And of course, this is one of my handmade dresses. I could seriously wear this thing every. day. It's so... so.... functional! It's comfortable and I can change my look with just a top! Or vest in this case.
blogged
blogged
Outfit Details:
Dress- Sam Wish 
Vest- Forever 21
Earrings- Thrifted 
Belt- Thrifted
blogged
blogged
Doesn't the pool look so tempting?! Only about a month until it's warm enough to swim! Yesterday really felt like summer, by that I mean I was sweating... inside! And that's how you know it's summer in Houston. Unfortunately I broke a mercury bulb in my "studio" and couldn't turn the AC on.... so....
blogged
Lookbook, Chictopia


Also, I found this picture from almost a year ago! It was taken in the exact same spot. And boy, has my hair changed! It's funny how time can change things so much.

So, I was going to blog last night but then I got caught up looking at hair extensions.... and then I got caught up looking at dreadlocks..... and before I knew it, it was 1:30! And then I actually gave myself a dread to see how I would like it. I tried to lay down and sleep but I had a million things racing through my head! And then I started freaking out about my dread and decided, even though I've been wanting dreads for ever, it's not the right time. I'm 20 with a kid and I don't need another reason for people to gawk at me right now (we live in a really conservative area). So I picked it out while in bed (with my hands, no conditioner or brush needed) and decided I still want hair extensions! Because who doesn't want long hair?! So I will be saving up. It's mainly for photoshoots.... and I may wear them in public every once in a while.... But anyways...

I've got a cool giveaway coming up, possibly even tomorrow?!  I'm not sure what's in store for this weekend but if we end up staying home then I will definitely do another post at some point. Hope you guys have a good one!

IMG_5162 copy