Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Girlish Garb: Geek out!


Girlish Garb
So, I have a serious backlog on blog posts. I sat down and wrote out every tutorial or post I have pictures for already and it came out to be like 25... or 27. Yikes! Needless to say, I have some serious catching up to do. 

I probably took these outfit pictures about a month ago. I was working one day and decided to play dress up with these cool (and fake) glasses I acquired! 


IMG_5856


IMG_5841 copy
Outfit Details: 
Glasses- Inherited 
Scarf- Thrifted
Polka Dot Top- Forever 21
Shorts- Thrifted (DIY) 
Belt- Thrifted


IMG_5845


IMG_5851


IMG_5854

Yesterday, as I was taking Eliza to Mother's Day Out and I realized that my favorite pair of flats had holes in the toes! I wear flats on a regular day basis and as much as I would love to wear heels all the time (I certainly have enough to!), being a mom just doesn't allow that. Anyways, the point of the story is that I decided it was time for some new flats! I drove myself over to Payless and walked straight to the clearance aisle. *Angels singing* I bought two pairs of shoes for $25! I got a pair of flats ($8) and some booties ($15), so, so, sooo cute. That was my accomplishment of the day, I can't wait to show them off (: 

Also, I think I'm going to start doing more outfit posts. I'm working on getting new equipment that will make it so much easier and hopefully I can start taking pictures elsewhere (besides in my little studio). Kind of like a real fashion blogger?! And by new equipment I really just mean a new remote... and possibly a cool new lens but that won't be for a while. 

And some store related news, I think I'm retiring my jewelry making career. I tried but I just can't compete with all the jewelry makers on Etsy so I'm retiring to what I do best! Clothes! And thrifting! It's been so long since I've been able to upcycle anything and I really miss it. Also, I would like to make a few dresses from scratch and see how that goes. 

Oh, and I changed the background. What do you think? I liked the arrows but... I don't know, it felt weird. Sooo.... hope you guys are having a wonderful, fantastic, fun-filled, Wednesday! 



IMG_5162 copy