Wednesday, February 29, 2012

11 Things


I've been tagged! Thanks to Breezy from Breezy Simple. I thought it would be kind of fun however, I don't think I'm going to tag anyone else. BUT if you're interested in participating, consider yourself tagged!   


11 Random Things
1. I collect key chains from different places, I bet I have 50+
2. I like to dance, although I'm not the greatest 
3. I'm very non-confrontational 
4. I'm not a pet person
5. However, I used to have a snake named Willy Shmee Von Lichtenstein! I had to give him away when I got pregnant though
6. I have an obsession with Johnny Depp. I own most of his movies, some you're probably never heard of. 
7. Kind of related to Johnny Depp, I like anything with a pirate ship on it! 
8. My dream is to move to Austin, TX. 
9. Besides my online friends, the only other friends I have are mostly from high school and live nowhere near us. The reason for that is that I don't really get out much here, I don't have time to make friends, and the people here are kind of snotty and have nothing in common with me. But the friends we do have are friends we will have for the rest of our lives and are really special to us. 
10. While Eliza was in my tummy, we were an actress, won an award for costume designing, and directed a show! Basically, she was born into theatre. And hopefully will make her way back when she reaches junior high/high school. 
11. I don't remember how I came across Etsy but it was probably the single most important discovery I've ever made. Seriously, life changing! 

My Questions

1. Who is your blog "idol"?
Hmm, I have a two. I kind of see them as being on opposite spectrums of the blogosphere, and I am somewhere in the middle? They are both special to me but in different ways. 
My first is Elsie from A Beautiful Mess because of what she has created with her blog! I admire her so much because she has an awesome personality, impeccable style, she is so creative, and has accomplished so many amazing things. Someday I hope to be as awesome as her. 
And my other idol is Bekah from My Little Loves. While I try to be creative and reach above and beyond, reading Bekah's blog always reminds me to enjoy the little things, and kind of pulls me back down to earth. As a fellow mother, she is so inspiring with her ability to keep things simple, her family relationship, and just her outlook on life. She is amazing. 

2. What is your favorite fashion trend right now?
Hmm, well I have a new obsession with the boots you saw in my last Girlish Garb (and others like them). I don't like to dress too girly and these boots are the perfect masculine edge for my feminine outfits! 
3. What is a trend you can't stand?
FEATHERS IN THE HAIR. You know the ones I'm talking about. I hate them. 
4. Total number of kids you want?
Hmm, three... or five. It kind of depends where we end up. If we can get a house on some land, I would be more than happy with 5 kids but it just kind of depends on our situation in the coming years. 
5. What is something that you love about the way you look?
I love my freckles. When I was a pre-teen, I really didn't like them. I wanted to look like everyone else and tried to cover them up. But it was pretty much impossible. I came to peace with them and now love them BECAUSE they make me look different. 
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Living in austin, hopefully with a house of our own and a booming business (possibly a brick and mortar shop?).
7. Favorite Flower?
OOoooh, I don't know. I'm not really a flower girl but if I had to choose it would probably be a chrysanthemum. 
8. Favorite Pandora station?
Dr. Dog or Devendra Banhart
9. What was your first car?
A little white toyota truck, manual! It was a great little car but got totaled when I was preggo (not my fault!). 
10. What did you last eat?
Frosted flakes, because I was too lazy to make a smoothie for breakfast. 
11. How has blogging effected your life?
Blogging is one of the greatest things in my life right now. It keeps me sane from having to go to school and run my business and take care of my family. It also gives me a sense of purpose, that someday this will all pay off. And I love the people I have met and the bloggers that give me daily inspiration. Since part of what I do is based on creativity, I really depend on being inspired all the time to get through work. I love the blogging world and am so, so glad I have the chance to be a part of it.

IMG_5162 copy