Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Website/Store


As I told you guys yesterday, I have a new storefront! It's really awesome and I thought I would share a few things about my store. Here's what my home page looks like: 

I love it, I designed a new logo and re-wrote all my policies, about stuff, etc. I opened this website about 5 days ago and am just head over heels. I love that I can customize it to make it my own while still having my Etsy store. 

And, I don't know if you guys have been to "The Store" Tab up there ^^^ but I recently sat down and wrote out my story of how it all started! And here it is: 

I opened Sam Wish the beginning of 2010. When I had Eliza (July 2009), I was lucky enough to stay home with her all the time. But after a while, I started to get cabin fever from being at home 24/7. So a I turned to the internet as an outlet and discovered Etsy! That was like my hallelujah! moment that pretty much changed my life. So I created a store and named it Sam Wish. Sam, for my first name and Wish, from my last name (Wishlinski). It's been a nickname of mine my whole life so when I needed a name for my store, it was an automatic choice.
Anyways, I started small with upcycling some t-shirts and just practiced my sewing. I also made a "pregnancy journal" and some stuffed animals that were a flop. I made all kinds of really bad things before I found vintage. I started selling vintage and would reconstruct things here and there as a way of modernizing some of the clothes. Before I knew it, I had a full on business! I added shoes, purses, and jewelry to the mix (all vintage of course).
Then, I switched over to Big Cartel for a bit and even started a handmade jewelry line! But Big Cartel didn't really work out, I didn't have the audience that Etsy did. So, Sam Wish went back to Etsy only to find that they had their new relevency strategy in place! The whole recently listed strategy was the main reason I had left in the first place so it was perfect.
My shop really thrived from then on. I opened a second store to separate my handmade and vintage goods around August 2011. After that, I started to sell a few house wares as well. And I just recently moved everything back to a single shop and opened up my new store front! (it's really cool, you can check it out here) And that's that! It's been a long (and rough) journey but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I love doing what I do and hopefully I can keep it up and just improve from here (:

I don't usually share a lot about my store but this was really important to me. I'm so so soo excited to have my computer back and finally get 2012 started! 

Anyways, how has your weekend been? Mine has been.... strange? Do you ever feel like you are having an out of body experience? Like you're just sitting back and watching things happen but you're not really there? That's kind of how it's been. Just weird, I think I should work on getting more sleep.... haaaa. Well hope you guys are having a good one. 


IMG_5162 copy