Monday, December 12, 2011

White Chicken Enchiladas



blogged
Ingredients:
1- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast 
8-10 flour tortillas
1 medium onion
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 ½ cup Mexican blend cheese (or Monterrey jack)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
1 15 oz. can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles
Optional- cream or milk
blogged
1. Cook chicken, heavily seasoned (I used salt, pepper, and "Emerill's Essence"). My personal favorite way to cook chicken is to make a foil pocket (one piece on top, one on bottom and fold the edges together) and then bake at 350 degrees for about 40-60 min. This makes it nice and juicy and flavorful!  



blogged
2. While that's cooking, go ahead and cut up your onion. 



blogged
3. Once your chicken is cooked through, let it cool and then chop/shred it into small pieces. 



blogged
4. In fry pan, cook chicken, green chiles, and onion together in vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Add some more seasonings such as salt, pepper, paprika or cayenne for extra flavor. Also, to make it a little juicier you can add a splash of milk or cream now.  This will cook for about 10-15 minutes.  



blogged
5. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with some cooking oil. 



blogged
6. To start on your sauce, melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour to make a roux, stir and cook until bubbly.
 


blogged
7.  Gradually whisk chicken broth in then bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
blogged
8. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. 

blogged
 9. Now, fill your tortillas with the chicken mix and 1 ½ tbs cheese each. Roll up and place seam down in baking dish



blogged



blogged



blogged
10. Fill up the dish with your enchiladas and then pour your sauce on top. 



blogged
11. Sprinkle some more cheese over the top (I kind of ran out of cheese so there's only a little). 



blogged
12. Then  bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.




blogged
13. Serve up and enjoy! 



blogged
This is one of the best dished I have ever made! Seriously, it was soo good. The rest of my silly family seemed to enjoy it too (: 



blogged
(zoolander face much?)



blogged



blogged

Eliza goes, "Mommy, this is deeelicous!" Haha. So how was your weekend? Mine was pretty darn good! I took a break from homework all weekend and just hung out with my family. We did some crafts, watched a lot of movies, did some christmas shopping and ate great food. I think I'm done with my christmas shopping (which took all of an hour). Now, I've just gotta hunker down and get to making the rest of my presents! I've got a lot of stuff planned and hopefully I can get it all done! My last final is thursday and I can NOT wait to have a break from school, the last couple of weeks have been brutal. Anyways, happy monday ya'll! 



Signature copy

**I got this recipe from here