Friday, December 16, 2011

DIY Hanging Shelf


blogged
I've been wanting to do this FOREVER. I had this piece of wood left over from making our bed and it's been lying around just waiting for me to use it! I had this idea from here: A Case of the Mundays and have been putting it off for a while... like maybe a month or two? It took a while to figure out the perfect place to put it though so I'm glad I waited. First, I wanted to put it in the window in my kitchen but I was afraid it would get bumped by the fridge, then I wanted to put it above the sink in my kitchen butttt changed my mind. Then one night I just decided to put it in my living room window and never turned back! It was kind of a spur of the moment decision and I was a little apprehensive (even in the process) but it turned out perfect!


blogged
It was super easy, all I had to do was drill two holes on both ends of the wood (a little larger than the rope you're going to use), screw a hook into the ceiling, then measure out your rope, slip it through the holes and tie a knot underneath the wood. Then hang and decorate! 


blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged
I got this little guy from Target, I just couldn't resist! It's supposed to be an ornament butt for now he's gonna "hang" out on my shelf. haha, get it? hang?
blogged


blogged
Anyways, I really love how this turned out. And I love how it looks next to these 50's sheer curtains I kind of inherited. It seems very whimsical to me, what do you think? 

So I am FINALLY done with all my exams and can start enjoying my break! I feel so much more relaxed and can't wait to get some things checked off my to-do list before school starts up again. I also really need to catch up with our advent activities. I think I am spreading myself a little too thin on that one but I am determined to get everything done! 

The past couple of days we have been working on turning our apartment into one giant fort! It's pretty freakin' cool guys and I can't wait to put up the finishing touches and take some pictures to show you all! Until then, I'm going to be catching up on chores and doing TONS of crafts. Hope you guys are enjoying the holiday season, I know I am (: 


Signature copy