Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stamps & Goodie Bags


Why, hellooo there! My name's Sam, nice to meet you! 
Snapshot_20111122_1
Haha, real funny, right?? Welll, I have to apologize about my lack of blogging lately. Life has been.... busy? And hectic and absolutely crazy... to say the least! But I'm alive and well! 


Snapshot_20111122_2
To tell you the truth, I may have been avoiding blogging. But only because I've been doing so much other stuff that whenever I got ANY free time, I just didn't feel like doing anything. So I didn't. But I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and boyyy does it feel good! I forgot how much I like blogging! There's just something about creating a post, uploading those pics and writing about whatever you want! I miss it dearly. So here I am! And I'm starting off with this little diddy I made a couple weeks back. 


IMG_9994 copy
I have done a Stamp Tutorial before but it's been a while so I thought I'd take a few (or a lot!) pictures to kind of show you the process, in case you missed out. For this particular project, I made a stamp that says, "goodies" on it to make goodie bags to send to my customers along with their purchase! And here's how I did it: 


IMG_9950


IMG_9955
Start out by drawing a picture of what you'd liked (or you could print something out?)


IMG_9963
And then, with a regular pencil, go over it to make it realll thick. 


IMG_9965
Now, get your linoleum (or an eraser) and press it firmly down on your picture (or in this case, your word). Make sure that it all fits!


IMG_9964
And if necessary, make the lines a little more visible and correct any messed up letters. 


IMG_9967


IMG_9969


IMG_9971
Now comes the fun part! Get out your linoleum cutter and start scraping away! 


IMG_9972
Start out with a larger attachment and cut away the edges and any large chunks that need to go. Then change to a smaller attachment for the detailing. 


IMG_9974


IMG_9979


IMG_9992
And here's an example of one of the goodie bags! 


IMG_0170

I wanted an eco-friendly goodie bag solution and this is what I came up with. Basically, I made my own envelope template, used that to cut out a bunch of "envelopes" from an old textbook and assembled them. Then I got a heart puncher thing and cut hearts from some paper scraps (in this case a pad of paper that I was done with). Glued those on, stamped it with "goodies" and voila! Goodie bag! I put a care sheet, business cards, and other freebies that are going on at the time (recently my star hair clips).


Signature copy