Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time to Simplify


Please watch




Wow, wasn't that cool?! I have been kind of at a crossroads and this was kind of the last kick to push me on the path I need to be on. Lately I've really been thinking about "stuff" and how materialistic we are.(Confession time!) I am a shopper, I don't know what it is but I love to shop and it is soo bad. Brandon always gets so mad at me for buying things we don't need and then I feel guilty but it never really stops. My shop is a great outlet for that because I love a good bargain and have the ability to sell my finds on the internet. But it's a bad habit that I really need to kick, find a balance somewhere between my store and personal life. And thinking, "I need to stop buying things to save money" is just not helping. I need to stop because it's just plain unnecessary and bad. I need to be more appreciative of what I have and think of others that are not so fortunate. I've been reading Bekah's blog, My Little Loves, for a little bit and she has really inspired me to start simplifying my life. Now, everyday when I walk around my apartment, I look around and feel a mixture of appreciation, guilt, and disgust. I think I've become a bit of a hoarder? And I get that from my Dad. He never throws anything away and has so much stuff, I think I've kind of inherited that. But I'm trying to change my ways! So from now on I'm going to be appreciative. I'm going to stop buying unnecessary things. I'm going to de-clutter my house (this will make my life so much easier anyways). And I'm going to do something uncomfortable! 

Oh and most importantly, spend more time with my family and enjoy this beautiful weather while it's still here! 
Signature copy