Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Here & There



A few projects I've been working on here and there. 

blogged
Remember these face cloth pads? Well they've slowly started to disappear so I had to make some more! I seriously whipped these up in about 10 minutes, so easy. This time, I made them a little differently though. 

blogged
I cut out some plain circles 

blogged
And used a zig-zag stitch to sew two pieces together. 

blogged
I also made a little baggy to hang on my door to put them in when I'm done! That way I can keep them together and not lose them! I mostly use these to remove makeup. I wet them and squirt like a pea sized amount of soap on it and there you have it. They work really well (for me atleast) and are wayyyy less expensive than those stupid disposable ones you buy at the store. When I'm done, I put them all in a bag until I've used them all up and then I just wash them regularly with other clothes. 

Next, I made this little hook/rack to hang my towels. I've tried a couple things like a sticky hook and one that screws into the wall but both of those fell off. So this is what I came up with. 



blogged

All you need is a stick, some of these hook things, thread, pushpins, and a glue gun. 

blogged

I glued these hooks on where I wanted them to be, 

blogged

Cut two pieces of thread to tie on the ends 

blogged

And pin it to the wall! This I think, is going to work perfectly! And it adds a nice, natural touch to this ugly kitchen of ours. I can't wait to have my own kitchen. 

blogged



blogged

And last, Eliza and I have been enjoying some homemade, blueberry & strawberry parfaits! Can you say yummm?!

blogged

blogged



Lately, it's been work, work, work! I'll have to do a shop update when I'm finished listing everything. I've  been rethinking my pricing strategy for my handmade store so I'm going through my inventory and lowering the prices on everything from $3-$10! You should definitely check it out. Also, you can still use this code: NOV2011  for 25% off, so go and get yourself something pretty (: Hope you guys are having a great week!

Signature copy