Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hanging Hearts Tutorial


blogged
This is probably one of the easiest tutorials I will do/have ever done. It does involve a sewing machine though.. 


blogged
Yes, again with the maps. First, I cut out a bunch of hearts...


blogged
And then stitched them together. The trick here is to make sure you pull out enough string at the top (in the beginning) to tie them to whatever you'd like. And then stitch the first one, pull some slack (however much space you want in between the two) and sew the second. Continue until you're all done. I made three strings of these at all different lengths for some variety. 


blogged
And then hang your hearts up! So that was pretty easy, wasn't it?


blogged
I don't even know what this metal thing is but I love it! After Ike(?) hit Galveston, we went down there to check it out. We walked along the ocean and I guess there was a gift shop that had blown down because the beaches and jetties were littered with all kinds of rusted and sandy treasures. This was one of the things I found and I'm sure my dad didn't appreciate it but I brought back quite a few lovely items. 


blogged

Below are a few funny pictures that I came across and had to share. This was when we shampooed our carpets (because Eliza destroyed them) and we had to cram all of our furniture in our kitchen and bedroom. Yes, that's a couch in my kitchen. And that's me attempting to cook dinner... hahaha. 


blogged


blogged

Eliza sure enjoyed climbing on/around everything like the little monkey she is. 

Btw, ignore the dishes in our sink.... we did have a couch in our kitchen... that's a pretty legit excuse right??



Signature copy