Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Girlish Garb: Chaos

Girlish Garb

This is another outfit I wore to work. I try to make it a habit to get a little dressed up, makes it more fun ya know?! So instead of just the usual backdrop, I thought I would give you a little peak into the chaos that is my studio. You can see my "necklace" collection there behind me. Oh, and those clothes on the floor? They are patiently waiting in a nice big pile for info taking and hanging up. This was right after a shoot, I take pictures of everything and then kind of make a big pile until I can get around to taking inventory and hanging them in my closet with the rest of the store

IMG_1473 copy

IMG_1485 copy

Outfit Details: 
Skirt (worn as dress)- Thrifted 
Pink Lace Crop Top- Forever 21 (altered a bit)
Necklace- DIY


IMG_1474 copy


This kind of sums up my day. A big ol' mess. Tuesdays are for school. So Eliza and I woke up early and the first thing out of her mouth (before she even opens her eyes!) was "I don't want to go to school". Uh oh. I drop her off at mother's day out, screaming and crying my name. I don't really know what's gotten into her, she hasn't been like this since the first couple of weeks she started going. Her teacher eventually called me to let me know she was fine after a few minutes but apparently she refused to go to "music" so she hung out with one of the teachers. I don't even know. So then, I find out I have all this homework due before, during, and after thanksgiving. Great, so much for a holiday. And I've been trying to step it up for black Friday/cyber Monday so that's a load. My morning was pretty overwhelming to say the least but I took myself to Starbucks for a Pumpkin spice latte and got to work! It felt good to get a lot done, and I did get a lot done. I'm just going to try to stay positive and just power through it! However, I've learned that I do really good on a work/reward program. I have to set specific goals and then let myself take a break/reward myself before going back to work. That way, I don't get too burnt out but don't get too carried away with procrastinating either. So that's where I'm at. Busy, just the way I like it, right? How has your week been? Is it just me or are things getting crazy all the sudden?

Signature copy