Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Airplane Branch Mobile

My eating area and living area kind of just flow together and I wanted to create a little barrier between the two. It may not be much, but I made this little airplane branch mobile thing to hang above the couch and it really does help separate the two areas! Plus I think it's super cute. Here's what I did.



blogged

First, I picked out a branch (making sure it was clean!). Then I hung it up with some thread and pushpins.

blogged



blogged



blogged
Next, I cut out some rectangles from a map to make my paper airplanes. 

blogged

To make one, I took one rectangle and folded in half (hot dog style). 

blogged
Then, unfold it and fold down the top corners to meet at the middle. 

blogged

Take the pointed edge on either side and fold that towards the middle. 

blogged



blogged

Now, fold the whole thing in half and it will look like this: 

blogged

Take the top, left corner and you're going to make a little flap. Like so: 

blogged

Repeat on the other side and now you have a paper airlplane! 

blogged

I rolled up some tape and stuck them in the crevice on top to keep the plane together. Then, tape a piece of thread in the middle and tie it to your branch! 

blogged



blogged

blogged

Cut off any extra pieces of thread. 

blogged



blogged



blogged

And you have a plane mobile! Here's a look from the living room to the kitchen (ignore the mess), see my Halloween decor?!

blogged



I just can't stay away from those maps. I've got another map project coming up too! 

Soooo Brandon has staph. And I don't reallly know much about it except that it's bad and super contagious. So I'm off to de-contaminate my house. My washer machine's going to be busy today! And thank goodness for disinfecting wipes! 
Signature copy