Monday, October 3, 2011

Red Hair/Outfit Post

Last week, I decided to go red again. I seriously think I should have been born a red head! The freckles, and my skin tone, I just love red hair! So here's what I did:

A before picture of my hair, blah

blogged

This is the dye I used. Revlon 42, medium auburn. I believe this is what I used last time except last time, I bleached my hair for a lighter red. I decided to go a little darker for a more "autumn look" so I skipped the bleaching.

blogged

My little helper, assisting with the dying.

blogged

I like to part my hair down the middle, and start at the top. I do the roots first, working my way down to the bottom of my scalp and then spread to the rest of my hair. Clip it all up and wait!

blogged
 
Then, rinse, condition, rinse. And bam! Red!

blogged


blogged
 
At first, I really didn't like it because I have this weird thing about my hair being too dark. But now I looove it! I got over it being too dark and love the color. It's perfect for fall and is probably going to be easier to maintain. What do you think? Do you dye your hair?
 
And here's the first outfit I wore with my red hair:

blogged


blogged

Outfit Details:
Oxfords- Thrifted
Pink Silky Skirt- Thrifted and upcycled by me
Bow Necklace- DIY!
Grey Top- Thrifted

I love this skirt so much but rarely have an occasion to wear it. It's kind of loud so it only comes out of the closet when something special happens, like dying my hair! How was everyone's weekend? Tomorrow, I'll write all about mine (it was.. perfect).

Signature copy