Friday, October 7, 2011

Map Your Heart

I found this on pinterest and thought it was sooo cool! My second thought was- Hey! I can make this! My dad is kind of a hoarder and has probably 1,000 maps lying around so it was perfect.

Here's my version:

blogged

I bought these shadow box frames from Wal-Mart for probably $5 each.

blogged

I spray painted them white.

blogged

Then got out the old atlas my dad found for me...

blogged

I cut out a heart from a regular piece of paper and traced it onto my map. I just chose a random, pretty spot but you could choose a place that is special to you.

blogged
 
I cut out two without even realizing it! Perfect!

blogged
 
Stick some tape to the back. I put two pieces in the middle so my heart could kind of bend and lift since it's in a shadow box, give it a little dimension, ya know?

blogged

Stick it on the back of your frame. I personally liked the brownish background but you could also use paper to add a different color.

blogged

And put your frame together! Look how pretty!

blogged


blogged


And lastly hang those babies up! There has been a blank spot here for a long time and they filled it perfectly. Now the wall is complete, maybe I'll share a room tour soon?

blogged

Also, here's Eliza going to school on Thursday. This little, vintage dress is size 6-12 months and she still fits it at two! I can not tell you how happy that made me. It's just too cute to not take pictures of. This is her "cheese" face, haha, little goofy goober (:

blogged


blogged


It's finally friday. This week was exciting but tiring! Last night I was sooo exhausted but I got a really great night sleep. Eliza and I didn't wake up untill 11! We cuddled in bed for a while and played. Then Brandon suprised me with a bouquet of the most perfect fall flowers and breakfast burritos! My morning was grrreat. I'm ready to get some stuff done and catch up on homework and work work this weekend. Brandon also wants to go on a date, he's on a role! Any exciting plans for you this weekend? Here's a little play by play from our playing/cuddling session this morning:

Me: (Hugging eliza as she tries to escape)  I just love you!
Eliza: (Breaking free from my grip, turning to face me with her head cocked to the side and smiling) I just love you too! (then diving towards me with her arms out, tackling my face) I love you more!
Me: (Returning the "hug") No, I love you more!

Eliza's such a morning person, it's crazy (maybe that's all kids?) Once she gains consiouscness, those bright blue eyes pop open and on a good day it's accompanied with a smile. And then it's up she goes! Sometimes I'll get her to "cuddle" (aka she rolls all over me) while I try to wake up. And she's getting to the age where she just says the darndest things, she suprises me everyday. I guess I should be over it by now but I don't like to believe how grown up she's getting! I tell her I love her probably a hundred times a day so I shouldn't be so suprised when she says it back but it just melts my heart! I mean come on, look at that little face. Oh, the life of a mother.

Signature copy