Friday, October 21, 2011

Map Coasters


blogged

Yes, another map tutorial! We have been in need of coasters for a while and I was stalling until I came up with just the right idea- MAP COASTERS! Here's a picture tutorial.


What you need:
Tile
Map
Scissors
Felt
Mod Podge
Spray Polyurethane
Writing Utensil


blogged


blogged


blogged
'
I suggest cutting your map squares a tad bit shorter than the tile so that they don't hang over the edge.

blogged


blogged
(I made an "applicator" by folding up a paper towel to spread around the glue)

blogged


blogged


blogged
Follow the directions on the polyurethane. I recommend 2-3 coats.

blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged


blogged


IMG_9889

I like them and prettttttty, prettttttyyyy easy! (Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans?) The best part about this is that you don't even have to use maps! I saw ideas for using wrapping paper, old book paper, or you can even print out some kind of design to use! Go craaaaazy!

blogged

TGIF! Weekends are great. I think my brother is coming into town so that'll be fun. I'm also planning a trip to a pumpkin patch with the Grandmothers. Brandon's show went to convention yesterday and it was SO good. They had a "critique" from a judge today and I heard it went well so maybe they'll make it to the next round?! That'll be really cool. I'm so proud of him, I forgot how good he was and I hope he can continue to be in theatre. It's a little scary how good of a crazy person he can play. Ahhh, so good. Maybe I'll video tape some of it to show you guys? Ya?

Well I'm off to go pick up after my tornado of a daughter. Have a good Friday, ya'll!

Signature copy