Monday, October 31, 2011

Joy


joy

I'm feelin' a little... out of sorts tonight. It could be that it's late at night and I'm tired but I have some things on my mind that I want to get out sooo hope you don't mind me ranting. This weekend we went to Austin. I love Austin, it's always fun and leaves me feeling refreshed and relaxed but for some reason this time around it just.... didn't. I had some fun, don't get me wrong but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and left me feeling a little more stressed and disappointed than refreshed and relaxed. Since it was Halloween I had to come up with some costumes for Brandon and I and somehow finish all the work and homework I needed to do, in a matter of three/four days. It was just way too much stress but Brandon really wanted to go so I made it happen. If I could do it over again, I would of just let him go alone. I'm trying to think of like the good things but it was just too much, too fast, and bad timing. I couldn't really relax all weekend and just enjoy being out of town and felt like I was at the will of others all weekend, not doing the things that I wanted to do. Plus, since it was Halloween, I had high expectations that, combined with the not being able to relax and enjoy things, didn't pan out and ended with a disappointed Sam. I also, forgot my camera and didn't even get to take pictures of the costumes I worked so hard on. I'm glad to be home but now I'm just in this funk and wish I could have my weekend back. Tomorrow is Halloween, I don't have a costume for Eliza, I don't feel like even doing Halloween and I feel bad for not being on top of everything. My house is a mess, I have a ton of work to catch up on and it's Monday already. Oh and did I mention I got a "citation" this weekend? Yeah, for jaywalking... FREAKING JAYWALKING?! Who gets those?! So that was my weekend. I didn't have time to blog about all my Halloween DIYs and for that, I'm really sorry. If you don't mind, I think I'll just forget about them and move on. I think a good night's sleep is much needed. Tomorrow, I'm going to clean up, carve some dang pumpkins, and make Eliza happy. So without further ado, here is the JOY of my weekend (trying to be positive here!): 

  • I got to go thrifting and have a "coffee date" with my sister. It was so nice to spend some good ole' sister time together. 
  • We checked out this thrift store called Savers that I had been hearing about and am in love! Definitely going back there again. 
  • I FINALLY got to try a pumpkin spice latte and also got a salted caramel mocha (delish!) thanks to my sister. I'm officially a latter lover!
  • I got to see some really awesome friends I haven't seen in a while over the weekend. I enjoyed the little time that we got to hang out and next to spending time with my sister was probably the highlight of my weekend. 
  • The weather was cold and wonderful and not to mention MOSQUITO FREE! 
  • I did A LOT of walking this weekend! My buns are sore but I enjoyed being able to walk to where I needed to be.
  • As always, I had some pretty awesome food this weekend. If you're ever in Austin, and in the mood for sandwiches, I recommend Fricanos. 
  • A test that I was anticipating all weekend, turned out to be a lot easier than I expected. 
  • And last but not least, I came home to find that I sold a few things over the weekend. Pleasantly surprised and thankful.  
So that was the good parts of my weekend. How was yours? Better than mine I hope. Did you do anything fun for Halloween? 


Signature copy