Friday, October 14, 2011

Heart Shirt DIY

I had this top for a while and decided to dye it and put it up for sale... I don't know what I was thinking because it's nothing special. So I took it out of the store and decided to do something else with it.

First, I cut up the bottom to add a little fringe.

blogged

Then I decided to add a heart shaped applique. So I cut out a piece of paper the size I wanted it to be.

blogged


Then I folded it in half and placed it on the fold of the fabric of my choice.

blogged

And cut.

blogged
 
Then I centered it on my shirt.

blogged

And pinned it (making sure i didn't pin the back).

blogged

And last, sewed it on.

blogged
 
It turned out really cute and I'm not sure I can let this one go! But this really inspired me to make some more shirts kind of like this and I'll be listing them in the store soon (:

blogged

I took this opportunity to do a little outfit post too. This is in my dad's backyard. I swear, within like 2 minutes, I was swarmed with mesquitos! It was awful, just looking at these pictures make me itchy.

blogged


blogged


blogged

And here is my dad's awesome grapefruit tree. Do you like grapefruit? Cause I do! But only from this tree which ripens in the middle of the winter. When I was a kid, we used to go out in the morning and chop a few off for breakfast. My dad would cut them with his special grapefruit knife  and we'd sprinkle sugar over them, yummm. Then when a frost came, my dad would drape sheets over it and put one of those metal lights inside to give it some heat. It was like our own special tree tent!

Anyways, I'm glad it's Friday! I have a lot of catching up to do this weekend but am glad that I can get some relaxing in and spend some time with Brandon. Did I tell ya'll about the play he's in? We go to a community college and heard about some open auditions at the theatre so Brandon just decided to go audition. He ended up getting the lead! I'm so happy that he has some sort of hobby for himself but we don't get to see each other that much during the week. It opened this week and his absense is getting even more noticeable but I get to go to the show tomorrow so that's exciting! Also, with the show going on, a lot of our friends are coming down and it's so nice to see them. It forces me to take a break from everything which I sometimes forget to do! Even though I'm getting behind on a lot, a break gets me a little more motivated to get done what I need to, ya know? Well, here's to the weekend! Hope you have a marvelous, fantastic, wonderful time!

Signature copy