Sunday, October 23, 2011

Glitter Star Hair Clip

blogged

I originally wanted to make a glitter star head band buuuuuut then opted for just a hair clip and I think that was the right choice! I've worn them like 4 days in a row and had to stop myself so it wouldn't get too old, ya know? So here's my tutorial in pictures.

What You Need:
Cardstock paper
Glitter (color of your choice)
Mod podge (you could probably just use regular clear drying glue)
An alligator clip (or a regular hair clip)
Glue Gun

blogged

Cut out a star, about 2-3" from point to point.

blogged


blogged

Spread some glue on your star.

blogged


blogged

And coat with glitter.

blogged


blogged

Another coat of glue and glitter.

blogged

(as I said, I was planning to make a headband so I made a buncha glitter stars!)

blogged


blogged


blogged

And then one last coat of glue to seal the glitter in (so it won't fall off!).

blogged


blogged

Use some hot glue and glue your hair clip to the glitter star.

blogged

Easy and super cute! This is probably one of my favorite accessory I've ever made. I wish I could wear it everyday. It makes me feel kind of fanciful but doesn't overdo it with the glitz and glam. Just a special little accessory to add some magic to your ensemble. Are you more into flowers? Check out my Flower Headband Tutorial.

blogged


This weekend has been very eventful thus far and is only going to get more fun! Hope everyone else is having a good one, I'm off to play some Mario on Wii! Don't forget to enter my contest here for a $25 gift card to my store.

Oh, also! Did you like the video? It's weird watching it over and over but I think I really like how it turned out. And I originally wanted to add a colore effect but didn't because I couldn't figure out how until I uploaded it to Youtube and they had the option! So that worked out good. I can't wait to make another one and next time there will be more clothes involved (:

Signature copy