Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cordon Bleu Pizza

I made this pizza a couple nights ago and it was delish! I got the recipe from Betty Crocker, but modified it a bit. Here's what I did:

Ingredients:

1 Package of already cooked pizza crust. I usually get Boboli but this is cheaper and I was willing to give it a shot.

IMG_8643
 
 
1/2 cup Alfredo Sauce (I recommend Bertolli)

IMG_8645
 
 
4-6 slices of ham, chopped (depending on whether you really want to load it up or not). I got this Hormel Ham that came already sliced and let me tell you! It's the best ham I've had in a while!

IMG_8648


2-3 Chicken Breasts- chopped (again, amount depends on how much you want to load it up).

IMG_8642
 
And I didn't take a picture of these (sorry!) but you'll need 2-3 stalks (?) of green onions and an 8 oz. package of shredded cheese. The first time I made this, I used Swiss (that's what it calls for on Betty Crocker) but the second time I used Mozzarella because that's all I had and I kind of liked it better with the Mozzarella.
 
 
 
Instructions:

So, this is super easy. Take out your crust and put it on a pan. Spread the 1/2 cup alfredo sauce on your crust.


IMG_8646
 
 
Layer the chopped chicken over the sauce.
 

IMG_8647


And then comes the ham, yum!


IMG_8649


Next, sprinkle the cheese all over. I used the whole bag... I like cheese, alright!


IMG_8650


And last, your green onions. Just to point out, I don't really like green onions but after they're cooked, you can hardly tell! 


IMG_8651


Then follow the instructions on the pizza crust. Mine said to bake for about 10 minutes I believe and then it's done! Bon appetit!

IMG_8652


IMG_8655


I definitely made this like 2 nights after the first trial round.... hehe. I guess it goes without saying that we will be making this more often! I really like making homemade pizza. It's super easy, especially when you buy the crust all cooked and there are so many options! Plus it's a lot healthier than frozen pizza... right? Do you guys make pizza? If so, I'd love to hear some suggestions  on what to make next!

Signature copy