Monday, August 15, 2011

DIY Fabric Hook Rack... Thing

I'm a horrible blogger, I know! I've been crazy busy trying to get caught up with work, plus getting ready for fall and all these new things that I'm doing. It's hectic, to say the least! But I'm having a lot of fun, and will show you guys everything when I'm complete. Here's a little DIY I did a while back. I needed something to put my purse on and wanted to get creative with it so this is what I did:

It was pretty simple. You will need a board, fabric to cover it, tape (or staple gun if you're super awesome), mod podge, paintbrush, hooks, screwdriver.

blogged


blogged

You cut your fabric to fit the wood, I made sure there was extra on mine to wrap it around the back.

blogged

And I ghetto-taped it to the back. Note: It'd probably be easier to use duct tape but I got lazy...

blogged


blogged
Next pour some modge podge over it (might help to start out with some on the board before you place the fabric down as well).

blogged

And you spread it, you spread it!

blogged

This is what it looks like all glued-up.

blogged

And add some hooks, screw that baby into the wall, and you've got yourself a purse hanger!


Signature copy