Friday, August 5, 2011

DIY Drawer Necklace Holder

Brandon dug this drawer out of the trash for me along with one other drawer so I could use them in a book shelf but unfortunately this one wasn't wide enough! So it sat around until I figured out what to do with it and then I came up with the idea to screw some knobs in it and use it for a necklace holder!


blogged



Here is what I did:
 
What you'll need:
 
A drawer  
blogged
 
Primer
Paint
Mod Podge
Fabric Scraps
blogged
 
Screwdriver
Glue Gun w/Glue
blogged
 
2 knobs (I bought this pack at Target for like $8)
blogged
 
 
Instructions:
 
So first I removed the hardware on the drawer.
 


blogged
 


Then, I painted the drawer with a coat or two of primer and then a coat of just white paint.
 
blogged
 
Next, pick your two pieces of fabric.
 
blogged
 
Cut some squares that will fit completely over the top of the knob, around 2" or so
 
blogged
 
Round the edges into circles. Plug in your glue gun.
 
blogged
 
Next, take your modge podge and pour a little on the tops of the knobs.
 
blogged
 
Stick your fabric to it and kind of smooth out.
 
blogged
 
Now take your glue gun and you're going to glue down the edges of the fabric to the undersloping part of the knob.
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
Last, screw back in the hardware and your knobs into place. Now hang you some necklaces!
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
 I'm back from vacation and excited to finally catch up on all my posts! There will be lots of DIY in the near future!
 
Signature copy