Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet Onion Alfredo Pizza

We had this pizza last night and I just had to share it!

blogged
 
It's pretty much the best homemade pizza I have ever made and we will definitely be making it again sometime soon! It's a chicken, alfredo, sweet onion pizza and I got the recipe from Betty Crocker (love!). I made it a little different than what the recipe says so here's what I did:
 
Ingredients:
 
1 Large Boboli Pizza Crust
1/2 cup Alfredo Sauce
1 Rotisserie Chicken
A handful of fresh thyme
1 Sweet Onion (halved and thinly sliced)
3 oz. of Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon of Sugar
2 tablespoons of Butter
 
Steps:
 
blogged
 
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium. Add the sugar and onion (I used about 3/4 of it but only because onions kind of scare me, next time I'm using the whole thing!). Cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown and caramelized.
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
2. Take your fresh thyme and run two fingers down the sprigs to pull the leaves off. Stir into onions.
 
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
4. Spread your cream cheese onto the prebaked pizza crust.
 
blogged
 
5. Next pour your Alfredo sauce on top and spread evenly.
 
blogged
 
6. Shred up about a cup and a half of rotisserie chicken and spread onto pizza.
 
7. Then spread your onion mixture on top of the chicken.
 
8. Plop in the over for 8-10 minutes (until crust is golden brown).
 
blogged
 
9. Enjoy!
 
The sweet onions go perfectly with the Alfredo sauce and the thyme just pulls it all together. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it! This is a must try recipe, so go try it! And have a great weekend everyone!
 
Signature copy