Saturday, July 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Reese's Cookies

Hey everyone! I'm bloggin from michigan and boy it is beautiful up here! The weather is about 30 degrees cooler than Houston and I can not tell you how amazing it feels to me right now. Really. Anyways, I'm going to share a yummy recipe that I used for Eliza's Birthday Party. It is a super simple peanut butter cookie recipe that I stole from my good friend Meg. I had some at a party of hers and just had to make some of my own! Here's how:
 
First I used this packet of Peanut Butter Cookie mix.
 
blogged
 
And a thing of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
 
blogged
 
Follow the directions to make the dough.
 
blogged
 
And form little balls about the size of a ping pong ball.
 
blogged
 
Follow the directions for how long to cook and at what time. While these are cooking, you are going to take your reeses, count out how many you need (one for each cookie) and unwrap them. This just saves a lot of time towards the end. Then unwrap one more and reward yourself for all this cookin'!
 
blogged
 
When they are done, let them cool for a couple minutes and scoop them onto some wax paper (or a plate).
 
blogged
 
Before they cool off any more, you're going to take a reeses (top side up) and gently press into center of cookie. Tip: It helps to kind of hold the sides of the cookie while doing this so it doesn't split apart.
 
blogged
 
blogged
 
The last time I made them, I made the mistake of using sugar cookie dough and they just didn't have the same ummph! But if you're not a peanut butter person than that may be the way to go. They are so simple but sooo delicious. Brandon, who usually doesn't eat a lot of sweets, ate over half of them so I will definitely be making them more often! It's nice to have an easy go-to dessert, just in case! Look out for my next recipe, it's another one of my all time favorites! Have a great weekend everyone!
  
Signature copy