Sunday, August 21, 2011

Eliza Quilt

I just realized that I never shared with you guys the quilt I made for Eliza's Birthday! I'm really proud of it, it turned out so much better than I ever imagined! I saw this quilt and modeled mine after it. And used this awesome circle applique tutorial.


blogged



blogged
 
I managed to use fabric I already had for everything but the white parts and the binding. Yay for saving money (and using up part of my stash)!



blogged



blogged



blogged



blogged

Here's what the blocks consisted of, plus a few more strips at the bottom.
I handstitched all the flowers and the actual quilting. It didn't take near as long as I thought and was way more fun than the last one! I didn't really do "blocks" last time which may have been part of the problem. It's easier to do it in pieces and kept me from getting too bored with it. A lot of this fabric was part of my vintage stash and then the rest was just fabric I had laying around or from clothes I upcycled.
I'm off to Galveston for the next couple of days! Hope you guys are enjoying the last bit of summer!

 
 
Signature copy