Thursday, June 23, 2011

DIY Plate Stand

I've been wanting to make a plate stand forever but didn't have anywhere to put it to use! I came up with an idea to put one in the bathroom so I went out and bought plates and candle stick holders. Then, I came home and Brandon hated it. He said he liked what was there already, blah, blah, blah. So I had to come up with another idea and decided to put it on my dresser right next to my new treasure cubby thing from the last post!
 
Without further adieu, here's my DIY Plate Stand Tutorial:


blogged
 
I chose to use three plates, of different sizes.


blogged
 

And since I have three plates, I need two candlestick holders.



blogged
 

I used this Epoxy stuff that my dad uses on everything and is super strong. I have no idea where to get it but I'm assuming any hardware store. I wanted to use something that I could trust because with Eliza wrecking havic all over my apartment, I don't want to have to worry about this thing falling down at any moment.



blogged
 

Basically all you do is take off the cap, and squeeze equal amounts of both sides onto a plate. Stir with something you can throw away (I used a plastic coffee stir/straw thing) and then apply it to your candlestick holder.



blogged
 

I decided to stick the candlestick holders to whichever plate was going to be on top first because I figure it would be easier while I can still flip it over and see the middle and all.



blogged



I attached both candlesticks and gave them about 20-30 minutes to dry.


blogged


Once the middle plate is done drying, you are going to attach the candlestick holder to the bottom plate. Give that about 30 minutes to dry and attach the top plate with the second candlestick holder on top of the middle one.



blogged


And there you have it!



blogged
 
I'm in the process of decorating above my dresser but once I get it all figured out, I'll be sure to share!

 
Signature copy