Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DIY Hanging Light

I've had this lamp shade frame laying around for a while and finally dived in and made it into a light. Before I begin, I just want to say that I am no electrician! This is just what I did, I don't necessarily recommend it for you guys. Do some research! Here is a source I used to put this thing together: source.
 


 
Materials:
Lamp shade
Ceiling Hook
Light kit
Screwdriver
Chain, cut to the length of your choice
 


First, you take this little bolt thing and screw the white thing on it. I don't know the names for these so just bear with me!


And then I attatched the two above parts to the lamp shade and secured it on top with the washer looking piece.


And then I pulled my wires through and tie the knot from the video.


Next, I attatched the wires to the screws on the big piece.


Then I slipped the cover back on and secured it all together.


Hang it, put a light in, and you are ready to go!



 So there you have it, you can make a lamp out of pretty much anything. I actually planned on doing this with a bowl and then I found the lamp shade.
 
Signature copy