Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vintage Hair

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across this video in a blog. It's a way to create vintage style curls around the crown of your head, without using heat or curlers. All you need is a headband! So I decided to give it a go.  
 
Here it is, hair all wrapped up in my headband and it didn't look half bad the way it was!

A back view:

And finally, the after:

First, sorry for the weird colors. Second, if you didn't notice, I decided to go with a different route once I took my hair down.  Instead of trying to "shape" my curles, I teased them to make them get really crazy. Unfortunately, the fiance wasn't too fond of my lion's mane so I ended up clipping it back, letting a few strands hang loose.


 I don't know what it is but I just love curly hair.


I finished up about 5 home decor projects today that I've been working for the last week and boy does it feel good! I'll share them with you over the next few days, kind of spread them out a little. I am very limited when it comes to being able to buy decor and while it does make decorating more difficult, I think it's kind of a good thing. It forces me to be creative and thrifty and really use my imagination. Also, it makes me have to learn a lot about what I'm dealing with and teaches me about so many things that I would never even try to learn about otherwise. Yes, sometimes the results don't come out... perfect but more than often I amaze myself at what I can do with a little knowledge, a lot of creativity, and the least amount of money. I am very proud to say that I've made or thrifted 90% of the things in my house and spent very, very little because you don't have to be rich to have a beautiful home! WooOOOo! Here's to doin' it yourself, baby!

Signature copy