Monday, May 16, 2011

salted CARAMEL milkshake!

In Austin, a few weeks ago we went to this burger place called Hopdoddy and had the most delicious shake I've ever had! It was a caramel and sea salt shake, and yes it sounds a little weird but the combo is soo delicious!
 
 
I've been craving one ever since so a this weekend, I attempted to recreate it. The first round... was way too strong but I adjusted the amounts a little for the perfect proportions. Here is what you need:
 

A blender
Measuring cup and spoons
1/2 Tbs of sea salt
1/4 cup caramel
1/2 cup of milk
A pint of ice cream (vanilla)
 
We bought our very first blender and this was the perfect thing to break it in!
 

It's super easy, just dump all the ingredients into the blender.


Blend.


And serve immediately.


I wish I had some pretty milk shake glasses to spruce these up a bit! Oh well, here's a picture of my little helper.... or spatula licker, whatever you'd like to call it (:


 
Signature copy