Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kitchen Table Casters

Remember these chairs that I reupholstered?
 

Well it turns out the arms were to big to be able to slide under the table which I couldn't stand. I was thinking of just putting some pieces of wood under the table legs but then my mom suggested I put wheels on them instead! Genius! It's a super heavy table and that would make it so much easier to move, so that's what I did.

I bought these casters from Home Depot for $5 a pair:
(mine have brakes though)

All you have to do is drill a hole, hammer this circle base thing in and the wheels snap on!


We got lucky and didn't have to drill a hole, there was already one! And here's our table with it's fancy new casters:

 

Pay no attention to the weird center piece. I just moved the table against this wall and don't know quite what to do with it yet. Maybe a mirror? Or just a large piece of art or something? I don't know, I'll get to it... eventually!
 
Signature copy