Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gnome Home

At Target a couple weeks ago, Eliza and I found this cute gnome guy that you stick in your plants and some mushrooms to go along. I had this really wide shallow pot that my mother-in-law gave me and didn't quite know what to do with it and decided I'd make a little gnome land for Eliza to play with. Now hopefully she'll leave my poor plants alone, I don't think they enjoy being dumped out every few days!
 
Supplies:
Shallow, wide, pot
Caladium
Moss
Some PVC Pipe fittings
The little gnome guy
And some small mushrooms
 

My little helper bringing in all the supplies

 



I put in the plants first with the caladium in the back and moss in the front (I'm hoping it spreads around the whole pot?) and then I decorated the gnome house. First, I painted it with an off-white texture spray. Next, I painted the top (roof) red.


And then I painted this little stone and wood door. It turned out better than I expected!


 


Ta-Da! Our own little gnome haven!

Signature copy