Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mini Papasan Chair Cover

When Brandon moved in with me, he brought along this little red papasan chair.
 



 
I like and all but I didn't like the angry red fabric soo I decided to make a slipcover for it.
 
Here's the two fabrics I decided to use.
 


It was pretty simple, I took off the pad part and layed it down on the fabric.


I did the best I could tracing it. The cushion had two sections, the seat part and then a part that went around it (see finished chair). I added an inch where the two fabrics would connect (for seam allowance) and then about 5"-6" around the edge.

I sewed the two parts together and then around the edge I made a casing about a 1/2" wide for elastic. Then I cut a piece of 1/4" elastic a little bit shorter than the circumference of the chair and slipped it in.

Here's the finished product, you can see what I mean about the two parts here.


It just slips over the top and wraps a little around the edge (as you can see in the picture below). 


Way better than the red, don't ya think? Unfortunately Eliza likes it too and uses it as a blanket... but that's ok! Hopefully she'll grow out of it...


 
Signature copy