Friday, August 6, 2010

Makeup Bag Tutorial


So we're going on a little road trip this weekend and I thought it was about time for a new makeup bag. My old one's kind of bleh and not really me so I decided to make one! I used this tutorial, at first I didn't think it would be big enough but I just went for it and turns out it fits all my makeup with room to spare!

I got a bit confused at some parts so here are some extra pics to lead you through if you get lost.


The pinching the corners kind of confused me so when it's laying flat with the bottom on top of the zipper I ironed the edges. Then when you pinch the corners what I did was match up the ironed crease with the sewn crease (you can kind of see it in the picture?)

I was really confused about where to sew the corners so I flattened them out and I measured the spot where it was 3" wide. I marked the edges and sewed across.


This is what it looks like after;

And then I tested out my new pinking rotary cutter, works like a charm!

This is to show the size in relation to real things.

Here where my other choices, just as cute;

1. Boxy Makeup Bag- with lining and interfacing

2. Perfect Box Pouch Tutorial- basically the same, it's too cute to leave out though!

And as dumb as this might sound, I could not for the life of me figure out how to change out my presser foot! I looked everywhere and finally found this Video. So very helpful and now sewing zippers is a piece of cake! 

Also remember the Towel/Bag Holder I posted about the other day? I made my own:

(I didn't want to make it too girly)

I have a ton more DIY projects coming up! Stay tuned.