Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jar pincushion

Jar Pincushion Inspiration: source. I didn't even need one but felt compelled to create one! I had the cutest idea in my head and it turned out better than I ever expected! I'm thinking of possibly putting some up on etsy? We'll see...

Anyhow I started out with this plain mason jar and some scrap fabric.


Then I cut out a circle of red fabric and formed it into a half sphere by sewing elastic around the edge. I'm sure there was a better way to do this but this worked for me. Then you stuff it!


Next slip it around your jar and hot glue it into place.


Next take some scrap fabric and gather it. I cut a piece of ugly scrap to the length I wanted it to be (wrapping around the jar) and then sewed the gathered scrap to the ugly scrap.

Then I cut a piece of plain muslin and embroidered "bobbin" on it. You can do anything you'd like really.



Attatch the two.


I cut a piece of elastic to fit around the half of the jar that wasn't covered by this ^^ and sewed on to both sides of the ruffle. And slipped it over the jar.


I then made a little tubing of misc. scraps to cover up the ends of the pincusion and attached via hot glue gun. And if the middle of the top comes out like mine did, I would glue that into place as well.


And there you have it.


I also wanted to share what I had for dinner the other night, it was soooo good. Double Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken.



Oh and one more thing before I go! My aunt brought over some vintage fabric she came across from a grandma in the family, coool huh?!


I can't wait to put this stuff to work!