Friday, July 9, 2010

Self Photographing

When I don't have models to help with the pictures, I just model all the clothes by myself. Which means setting up a camera and having to position it just right then setting the camera timer, running, posing, and then running back to make sure the picture is usable. Oh and make sure I don't look like I just crawled out of bed on top of that. It's kind of a lot of work! But I ordered a camera remote which should make it a lot easier. Anyways I've been kind of teaching myself photography and learning what looks good and what doesn't. I've also become kind of a pro at Photoshop which helps alot too. But I've picked up a few tips on the way.

These are from my little experiment yesterday (if you like the skirt, go here :) ). It took me a little while to get used to modeling, it's a lot harder than I thought! It takes a bit of testing to figure out if you tilt your head too much it looks like you have a mile long neck, haha. So here is me without a flash and no lights beside sunlight from the windows on either side of me.


This is me with a flash (my hair was wet and looked weird down), kind of washed out right?


So I made a "poor man's ring flash" and fixed that.


And then with a little Photoshopping I got this:



I'm pretty pleased with myself. This makes photographing clothes and stuff much more exciting now that I somewhat know what I'm doing! 

Oh also some exciting news, I was featured in a treasury! Pink Bows anyone?? I love all the items in it really!

I made a facebook fan page for store! Here's a link if you want to friend me (: