Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Craft Space

I'm in the process of decorating my craft space. I need my own space in this house and the craft room is alllll mine! I can't believe it's taken me this long to decorate it but sometimes I just have to go with the flow because if I try to force it, things don't end well. And when I'm on a roll, it's hard to stop. So now I'm working on my craft space. I found alot of inspiration from the lovely Tiger Lilly Quinn.

I had an empty space and decided to make up a quick memo board. I wish I had a bunch of left over wine corks to make this but I just stuck with some foam board covered in fabric (tutorial).


All you need is:
foam board
ruler
exacto knife
fabric
stapler


Cut the foam board to the measurements you want.


Cut fabric to measurements (measurements of foam board plus like .75"-1" to each side for room to wrap around. It helps to iron it out before stapling on.


Lay fabric face down, place foam board on top and start with opposite sides to pull fabric evenly. Staple down.



Voila! You can add a ribbon to hang it from. I just made a little loop and stapled her down.


And then with inspiration from Little Miss Momma, I went out and bought some flat push pins and glued them to some randon nick nack's and buttons I had laying around to make thumb tacks.