Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Long Sleeve Turned Ruffle Cardi

This is what I did last night.


I was trying to research ways to reconstruct a sweater because I have those two in my "store" but don't think they'll sell soo I might as well chop'em up and make them into something people will want (or I will want), right?. And then I came across this! I dug through my stash and found this tye-dyed long sleeve t-shirt that I bought at a thrift store because I thought it was cool. And then I pulled out scraps from a pair of men's dress pants that I had butchered a while back. This was the result!



It was really easy, I shortened the sleeves a bit so now they're quarter sleeve. When I cut the t-shirt down the middle, I kind of rounded the tops and bottoms. Then I ruffled up the pant scraps, sewed them on and voila! I'm thinking of making a belt as well but that may wait for another day.



I've been into upcycling things lately. Hm. Speaking of which I found a great idea of reusing paper for my business! I found it here. Shred your recycle paper and use for packaging material! I also like the idea of making mosaic plates out of broken ones, nice!