Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Post Numero Uno

Hi all and welcome to my blog!

Here is a list of my current projects/a little bit about me:

Well for starters I have an etsy store: www.etsy.com/shop/samwish3 (you should take a peek)
I sell some awesome vintage finds and handmade items by... me.

I'm juggling school and taking care of my 6 month old baby girl who demands my constant looove and affection but I always find time for crafts... even if it means pushing off my school work for just one more day! Haha, it's terrible I know.

I've been working on a quilt.... well sort of. I managed to pick out a pattern. It's a version of this lovely quilt by Denyse Shmidt who is absolutely incredible.

While doing research (and trust me I did a lot of research because I could not make up my mind) I found two awesome modern quilters that I fell in love with, Denyse Schmidt and Amy Butler. They are both quite the inspiration. So I got all excited, went out and bought a bunch of fabric, who knew it would be so expensive! And here I thought I was being thrifty! So I cut it all up but turns out I didn't have enough. And then it just kind of ended at that. Every once in a while I find some fabric that matches my materials and ad that to the stash but I've still got a ways to go. For now my cut pieces are just lying in a box top next to the kitchen table that I've commandeered as my sewing/craft/everything station.

I'm in the process of making over my dad's/my house. It hasn't been touched since about 1996 and is prrrrretty outdated. So I've taken it upon my self to give this 90's nightmare a makeover! I just did my bathroom, I'll have to post some before and after pics.

I also got a serger for christmas. I have no idea how to use it... buuut I have a class on the 11th and will hopefully incorporate it into my craft-making!

As well as the kitchen table, I've also taken over our empty dining room. It is now my storage closet/picture studio. I've got a diy photography setup to take pictures of my clothes and such.

I've got quite the compilation of past hobbies. I've done mosaic, sewing, knitting, tried crocheting, scrapbooking, interior design, clothes designing, painting, drawing, bracelet making, palm-reading, roller-blading, yoga, belly-dancing, pilates, photography, I tried making diapers, haircutting, and the list goes on. I've been thinking of blogging for a while, if not to share my experiences, than to keep tabs on it all so in case I feel like taking up an old hobby again I can jump right in!

Oh! And if there are any panini lovers (like me) out there, (or just into making great tasting food) I'll probably be posting some recipes in the near future so keep an eye out! My boyfriend bought me a panini grill for Christmas and I've been experimenting ever since!